CZ P07 comes with two safety features: safety and decocker. If you already switched the factory-installed decocker to safety and now wonder how to install the decocker back, this guide will be for you.
If you are looking for tutorial on how to switch decocker into safety, check this guide instead.
Other than switching safety and decocker, CZ P-07 offers also wide range of compatible accessories – check here.
Switching CZ P-07 safety to decocker
CZ P07 comes from factory with pre-installed decocker. The safety is only as additional replacement in the original P07 box.
If you already replaced the decocker for safety and now want to put the decocker back, this guide is for you. We will show how to replace safety by decocker on CZ P-07.
Step by step guide
- Disassemble your CZ P07 so that you hold only the frame of your pistol.
- Place the frame into firm position, ideally into vise with some cover to avoid scratches.
- Press down the ejector to allow release of the safety lever on left side of the gun (left side from the point of view of shooter)
- Remove the safety lever carefully and release the ejector.
- Push down the trigger bar so that it will allow you to move also the right side of the safety lever. Turn the safety lever up and then it will allow to remove.
- Now safety is out of the pistol and we go ahead to install the decocker.
- For safety installation we will start with the right side first. Push down the trigger bar to allow inserting the right lever of the decocker.
- As with the removal of right side of safety lever, move the the safety lever up so that it can be inserted into the hole. Once in, push the lever to the correct position. Then release the trigger bar.
- To install the left decocker lever, push down the ejector and slide the decocker lever through.
- Make sure the position the decocker spring into the hole as in the circle red. Then move the decocking lever through the spring.
- Secure the other end of the decocker spring behind a little leg that is underneath it.
- Check the functionality of the safety, both levers shall be moving into the same position.