Scope rings and mounts come in different variants. If you want to use base that uses picatinny / weaver for installation, you need to get such rail to your CZ 457 rifle. Here we show you how to install it.
Why install picatinny rail to your CZ
The main reason why to install picatinny rail to your CZ 457 rifle is to get the most universal scope rings mounting interface.
And although the terms are used often interchangeably for mounts, the picatinny rail works as a scope base.
Getting picatinny rail to your rifle will allow you to mount vast majority of scope bases on the market that have picatinny or weaver mounting system.
Although you can install scope rings directly to the dovetail of yoru CZ 457 [in this guide we show you how], there is limited amount of such scope mounts that attach directly to the dovetail. There is much more of them that attach to picatinny or weaver rail.
If your CZ 457 is left handed (LH) then you have the picatinny rail offerings quite limited. Nevertheless, you will still be able to get a picatinny interface to your rifle – check article on this topic here if interested.
How to install picatinny rail
We will show step by step how to mount a picatinny rail to your CZ rifle:
- As always, first make sure your rifle is with empt and magazine removed from the rifle.
- Put your rifle into stable position.
- From the back of the rail start mounting in the picatinny rail
- Make sure the screws match the predrilled holes in the dovetail
- Once the rail is in the right position, you can start fasten the screws
- Make sure to follow the instructions for the recommended torque. With the original CZ picatinny rail the recommended torque is 1.5 Nm for M5 screw, 1 Nm for M4 screw and 0.5 Nm for M3 screw.
- Once the screws are in, the rail is ready for use.
Now you can go ahead and install the scope rings with picatinny installation base.