CZ 457 rifles use 11mm dovetail for installation of scope rings. Although you have more options of how to mount scope rings to your rifle, in this article we will show you how to mount scope rings directly to the dovetail of your CZ 457 rifle.
CZ 457 scope rings for dovetail mounting
To mount scope rings directly to the dovetail, you need to make sure the rings are with proper mounting base of 11mm.
In case you bought scope rings with picatinny mounting, it will not be possible to get those installed directly to the dovetail. Instead, in such a case, you would have to go for picatinny rail as a mounting base for the scope rings.
But back to the installation of the rings. In case you do not have any, we recommend getting some quality ones, definitely dont go for the cheapest you find. We use scope rings from JK-N manufacturer on our CZ 457 (as the photo of rings below), but this is up to you to decide. The market has plenty to offer.
How to install scope rings
- First of all, make sure your rifle is with empty chamber and magazine removed from the rifle. Once that is secured, you can forward to the preparation for installation.
- Put your rifle into stable position securing it in firm hold.
- Demount the scope rings. Usually the rings are manufactured in two pieces – upper and lower. For installation it is advised to open them up. Then you are installing only the lower part to the dovetail, not the complete set of rings.
- The rings are attached to the dovetail by set of screws. In order to be able to put the rings to the dovetail, its necessary to screw out the screws.
- Place the rings onto the dovetail so that the ring attachment embraces the 11mm dovetail.
- Once the rings are positioned appropriately, you can screw the screws in. So that the rings are attached to the dovetail.
- Now that the rings are installed to the dovetail, you can go ahead and moun the actual scope in.
- And voilá, you are done. The scope rings are installed to the dovetail, the scope is installed into the scope rings.
What if your CZ 457 has picatinny rail?
In case you have picatinny rail installed from factory, or just happen to have one, you will be searching for scope rings with picatinny / weaver base.
We write further about the topic of scope rings selection in this article, make sure to check it out before you get any scope rings for your rifle.